About The Catalyst
The Catalyst is for Cognitive Science majors nearing the end of their college careers. The intent of the program is to help students launch their careers by supporting them through a summer work experience opportunity. If admitted into the program, students can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Networking, career connections, and professional support including:
- Jobs 101: How to Successfully Start My Career – Workshop hosted by UC Berkeley CogSci alumni
- Connections to people and summer internship or job opportunities
- Limited financial support for particular professional growth opportunities
- As funding permits and for approved positions that do not pay a living wage, the program may be able to provide a modest stipend to help offset the cost of an underpaid, but professionally valuable opportunity.
- Must be a registered UC Berkeley undergraduate for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024.
- Must be a declared Cognitive Science major at the time of application.
- Must find and complete an approved summer work experience during the Summer of 2023. Work experience opportunities should run for at least eight weeks between May and August.
- Work experience opportunities can be internships, research positions, part-time jobs, or full-time jobs. The intention of the CogSci Career Catalyst program is to help launch you successfully into your career after graduation. Eligible positions will provide a growth and learning opportunity that help achieve that goal. Positions are subject to approval by the university, but a vast range of different opportunities will qualify.
- If needed, the program may be able to provide some assistance in certain cases to applicants struggling to secure a position on their own.
- This program will give preference to applicants who are Juniors by terms in attendance at time of application, but may make exceptions in some circumstances.
INTERNSHIP HELP RESOURCES:
- Information on Internships
- Resume & Cover Letter Tips
- Visit the Career Center peer advisors for review!
- How to Ace Interviews
The application for the Spring '23 cohort will run from January 19th, 2023 to February 20th, 2023 @ 11:59 PM PST. It requires one short essay question (350 word max), a one page resume, and a copy of your unofficial transcript(s).