Academic Internship Credit (including CPT)
Students may apply to receive units (by enrolling in CogSci 197: Academic Internship Credit) for work done during internships that meet the following requirements:
- Internship has been approved by the Cognitive Science affiliated faculty member, who agrees to submit a final grade at the end of the term
- Internship is directly related to the field of Cognitive Science
- Student has a minimum overall GPA of 2.0
- Student has completed at least 60 units
- Student must be a declared Cognitive Science major before the beginning of the term for which they want to enroll in CogSci 197
- Obtain the signature of a Cognitive Science Affiliated faculty member on the Faculty Authorization Form.
- Fill out the Google form and upload a PDF version of the Authorization Form and other required documentation in the appropriate fields.
- Submit the form by the end of the third week of classes during the Fall or Spring semester for which you want to enroll. In summer, forms must be submitted by the end of the first week of session C
International Students in need of Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- CogSci 197 units can be used to earn the credit required to obtain CPT. Please complete all the steps above before submitting your CPT form to a CogSci advisor to be signed. Once you have received the codes and have enrolled in CogSci 197, make an appointment with Catherine Byrne or MacKenzie Moore to receive the needed signature. We cannot sign any CPT forms until students are enrolled in CogSci 197.
- If a student needs to add a 197 for CPT purposes after the add/drop deadline, they will need to provide a Late Change of Class Schedule form (signed by the faculty advisor) along with their application. Please note L&S will consider late change requests only during one of a student's terms as a Berkeley student. If a student uses this form to add CPT afte rthe add/drop deadline, they will not be able to make a late change to their schedule in any other term.