Students may apply to receive units (by enrolling in CogSci 199: Independent Study in Research) for research projects conducted in a laboratory or independently with the support of a CogSci faculty member their project meets the following requirements:
- Research is guided and overseen by a Cognitive Science affiliated faculty member
- Research is directly related to questions pertinent to Cognitive Science as a field
- Student has a minimum overall GPA of 2.0
- Get faculty signature on Faculty Authorization Form
- Fill out google form and paste a shareable link to the Faculty Authorization Form
- Submit forms by deadline: the end of the 3rd week of the semester, or by the end of the first week of session C in summer.
- A CogSci advisor will review your submission and enroll you in the units. If there is a problem with your application, the advisor will reach out to you via email.
- CogSci 199 units are NOT appropriate for international students who need to qualify for CPT.
- All units are P/NP.
- CogSci 199 units cannot fulfill elective credits for the CogSci major.